I regularly post answers on Quora to WordPress questions and will be cross posting some of my more popular answers here…
This question was how to SEO a WordPress blog. I always start with these simple steps….
- Set up permalinks properly (I use %category%/%postname%)
- Install All-In-One SEO plugin
- Put keyword in Title
- Put keyword-rich description for Meta description
- Optimize On Page elements
- Post/Page titles should be H1/H2
- Link to internal pages with keywords
- Use alt/title elements with keywords in them
- Write good keyword-rich content
- First step is to know what keywords to target
- Second step is to write well using those keywords
Those are the basics and should get you started with a highly optimized WordPress site. Once you get this far you can begin to take it to the next level…
Questions? Comments? Let us know below!